The Lorain Lighthouse in Lake Erie north of the Lorain Harbor is no longer a working lighthouse but rather a historical landmark. The first lighthouse was established at that location in 1837 while the current structure was build sometime in the early 20th century (dates are disputed). It was decommissioned as a lighthouse in 1965 and rescued from scheduled demolition by concerned citizens and the Lorain County Historical Society. Today it’s owned and operated by the 25-year-old nonprofit Port of Lorain Foundation and offers tours, sunset dinners, and even a Fourth of July fireworks picnic.
1 West Breakwater, Lorain, Ohio