Otto Moser’s was one of those old-school Cleveland joints that are rapidly disappearing. For 100 years, the bustling deli was tucked away on E. 4th Street in what was a flourishing theater district in the early 20th century, frequented by the touring performers whose photos graced the walls. But it gave up E. 4th Street for dead 20 years ago, missing its comeback by about 15 years, and moved to PlayhouseSquare, which already on the verge of its own revival. Its new location, fronting on spacious Euclid Avenue and boasting plenty of warm-weather sidewalk seating, may lack the dim, late-night, hole-in-the-wall charm of the old place, but it doesn’t lack the salami and roast beef sandwiches. And now it’s positioned to serve lunch to downtown workers and quick, pre-show meals to patrons of the area’s six live theaters.
1425 Euclid Avenue