We will have a day of general strike and non-violent civil disobedience and demonstration.
In the first weeks alone, Trump has trampled on human rights by banning legal immigrants and refugees from entering the country, begun dismantling the EPA, approved the Dakota Access and Keystone XL Pipelines, and put our foreign policy and our very democracy in peril. Trump is not draining the swamp in Washington. He and his billionaire friends ARE the swamp!
1. No Ban, No Wall. The Muslim ban is immoral; the wall is expensive and ineffectual. We will build bridges, not walls
2. Healthcare For All. Healthcare is a human right. Do not repeal the ACA. Improve it or enact Medicare for All.
3. No Pipelines. Rescind approval for DAPL and Keystone XL and adopt meaningful policies to protect our environment. It’s the only one we’ve got.
4. End the Global Gag Rule. We cannot put the medical care of millions of women around the globe at risk.
5. Disclose and Divest. Show us your taxes. Sell your company. Ethics rules exist for a reason and presidents should focus on the country, not their company.
Join the fight.
[Written by Stephan Haluska]