High school music teacher Arline Kadel sang in the very first Bach Festival in 1932, and she has kept her alma mater Baldwin Wallace University in her thoughts ever since.
Thanks to her gift, the BW Conservatory of Music will become one of the small number of conservatories with 100% Steinway pianos. On Mon 01.27.14, Cool Cleveland was on hand as they rolled in the first dozen Steinways.
Eventually, all pianos at BW will be replaced with Steinways, including all the pianos in each practice room and studio. Already the Conservatory has Steinways in their concert halls and teaching studios. Soon this dozen will grow to 88 new pianos, all Steinways, in every room, including the Choral Rehearsal Room, which was renamed in honor of Aline and her parents.
Listen to Baldwin Wallace Conservatory director Susan Van Vorst talks with Cool Cleveland’s Thomas Mulready while dozens of student applaud the arrival of the first dozen new Steinways. View the video here.