Kicking off their Black History Month programming, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame gives Cleveland its due with a new series focused on the Rock’n Roll capital’s contributions to rock’s roots in R&B and soul with “Cleveland Is the City,” starting Mon 2/11 and running through Wed 2/27.
Photo: Robert Lockwood, Jr. at the first Ingenuity Fest, 2005.
* Mon 2/11 at 1:30PM: Installation of Robert Lockwood Jr.’s guitar
* Wed 2/13 at 7PM: An Evening with Lou Ragland
* Sat 2/16 at 11:30AM: Jimmy Baynes Photography Collection Spotlight
* Wed 2/20 at 4:30PM: Teachers Rock: “Talk to Me”: A Cleveland Music Oral History Project for K-12 Students
* Wed 2/20 at 7PM: Boddie Recording Studio Panel Discussion with Mrs. Louise Boddie, Harvey Hall of Harvey and the Phenomenals, and Dante Carfagna of reissue label Numero Group
* Wed 2/27 at 7PM: Hall of Fame Series with Bobby Massey of the O’Jays